It’s Saturday Spirits again! Woohoo. This is quickly becoming my favorite series on the blog yet. Though, I do have some fun week long series coming up for the blog including a week long look at Favorite Family Recipes and another Picnic Week series!
This week I’m sharing a Sweet & Tart sangria recipe that makes for a beautiful bright pink beverage. Now, this is VERY cherry and VERY sweet & tart. But, it was perfect for a hot afternoon with a grilled dinner.
Cherry Sangria Recipe
Makes approximately six 8oz glasses of sangria. Can be served chilled or over ice.
- 1 bottle of Bloom Riesling (the Bloom Moscato or any sweet riesling or moscato would also work really well!)
- 1 cup of Cherry Juice (I got mine from Trader Joes)
- 2-3 cups of pitted FRESH cherries. We used this trick to pit our cherries and it worked great!
- 1 cup sweet vermouth
- 1 cup orange juice
- Pit your cherries and put into a pitcher with 1 cup orange juice, 1 cup sweet vermouth, and 1 cup cherry juice
- Let sit in fridge for 1-2 hours
- Pour chilled riesling or moscato into chilled, and soaked cherry concoction that you have had in your fridge.
- Serve over ice or just chilled! Be prepared to pucker and smile!