This Halloween drink post is sponsored by RedVines. #RedVines candy is always fat-free and made without preservatives. It is “made in small batches, using artisanal techniques passed down through five generations, RedVines candy has a rich heritage built on our dedication to consistent quality, flavor and freshness.” All opinions are my own. To learn more about my posting policies regarding sponsored posts please visit my policies page. As always, thank you for reading more about the companies that help support this blog.
(This post contains affiliate links marked with *)
If you haven’t been able to tell from previous Halloween posts… I like vampires. I was the kid dressed in black reading Anne Rice’s Vampire Chronicles* throughout most of my formative years. It certainly lead right into my love of Halloween. (Check out these fun Halloween Vampire Portrait free printables!) When creating a recipe out of my favorite red licorice it was an easy jump to vampires. I love how the little bite-sized RedVines Twistettes* made perfect little “vampire bites” on the rim of the glasses.
Halloween is an all-ages holiday in my book, so I wanted to make sure that I had a fun non-alcoholic version of the Vampire Bite drink so that the kids could get into the fun.
Halloween Cocktail – Vampire Bite Cocktail with Red Vines
As with all of my cocktail recipes this is intended for people of legal drinking age. Keep scrolling if you’d like to find a fun non-alcoholic version of this drink. As always, practice safe drinking.
- -3/4 oz of Cranberry Juice (or Cranberry Grape Juice)
- – 1 and 1/4 ounces of your favorite vodka
- – 1 oz of your favorite orange liquor
- – 1.5 oz of dry cherry soda (must be a clear soda)
- – 1.5 oz of dry blood orange soda (clear soda again)
- – RedVine Twistettes to garnish rim
- – Shaker with Ice
- – Chilled Martini glass that can hold approximately 6-8 oz of liquid (don’t want it too full!)
- Garnish the chilled martini glass with the RedVines Twistettes about 1.5 inches apart (should be approximately where the canine teeth would go in the mouth).
- Pour 3/4 oz of cranberry juice into a chilled martini glass.
- In a shaker full of ice pour the orange liquor and vodka. Shake well to chill. Strain into glass.
- Top drink with equal parts of blood orange and cherry dry soda.
Halloween Drink – Vampire Bite Non-Alcoholic Beverage with Red Vines
Sometimes you just don’t want to drink alcohol or you want to give the kiddos a special treat as well. This non-alcoholic versions of the Vampire Bite cocktail is DELICIOUS and pairs perfectly with the little Twistette bites on the rim of the glass.
- – RedVines Twistettes for the rim of the glass
- – 2 oz Cranberry Juice or Cranberry Grape Juice
- – 3 oz Dry Cherry Soda (must be clear)
- – 3 oz Dry Blood Orange Soda (must be clear)
- – Glass with ice and a straw
- Build the drink on ice by first garnishing the glass with RedVines Twistettes to resemble a vampire bite.
- Pour in the cranberry juice so that it sinks to the bottom of the glass.
- Top with equal parts of Cherry and Blood Orange Dry Soda.
- Pop in a straw and Enjoy!