The Summer holidays are coming around quick (Memorial Day is this upcoming Monday!) and with that comes the opportunity to spend time with the people in your life celebrating, remembering, and just enjoying each others company. It likely will also bring together a lot of hungry people! Enter Chex Party Mix… Chex Party Mix is super versatile and can feed a crowd. I came up with a couple easy recipes for an “All-American Chex Mix” flavors in honor of Memorial Day and Fourth of July. Though, they’d also work for any get together or even as a great camping snack.
I chose Buffalo flavor as one of my “All-American” flavors just because it reminds me of Summers back home in Oklahoma. I’m a huge fan of Buffalo Chicken Wings—especially during grilling season! Check out my first “All-American” Chex Party Mix recipe below and don’t forget to enter to win a $50 Visa Gift Card from Chex!
I really wanted an easy, "All-American" feeling Chex Party Mix to feed a crowd. Because I didn't want to overwhelm everyone with spice, I only used the Franks Red Hot Buffalo Sauce as a spice. However, if you want to kick it up a notch then you could also mix in a packet of Zesty Ranch Seasoning or a tablespoon of cayenne pepper. I used the oven for this recipe because I enjoy how the roasted cereal tastes. Microwave instructions for Chex Party Mix can be found on the side of your Chex cereal box.
- 3 Cups Wheat Chex
- 3 Cups Corn Chex
- 3 Cups Rice Chex
- 2 Cups Roasted, Shelled & Non-Salted Peanuts
- 2 Cups Pretzels
- 2 Cups Cheez-It Crackers (I used original, but white cheddar or a spicy version would also be delish!)
- 6 Tablespoons of Butter Melted
- 4 Tablespoons of Franks Red Hot Buffalo Sauce
- Pre-heat the oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix the Chex cereals, peanuts and pretzels in a large bowl. Leave out the Cheez-It crackers for the time being.
- In a separate bowl, mix the melted butter with the Franks Red Hot Buffalo Sauce.
- Slowly pour the Buffalo Sauce & Butter mixture over the cereal mixture, stirring as you go to make sure that everything is well coated.
- Pour out the cereal mixture on to a baking sheet. Make sure the cereal mixture is out flat and not piled up on itself. I had to use two baking sheets.
- Roast the mixture at 250 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour, stirring the mixture every 15 minutes.
- Once out of the oven, mix in the Cheez-It crackers and package in an airtight container.
Chex.com has a great site full of even more delicious Chex Party Mix recipes along with a bunch of other recipes that can be made using Chex! I’m also not the first person to come up with a Buffalo Chex Mix recipe… there are a ton of great ones out there. Mine is a fairly mild version that only gives you a little taste of that yummy buffalo sauce. Don’t forget to check back again soon for my other “All-American” Chex Party Mix recipe!
The fine people at Chex are giving away a $50 American Express Gift Card so that one lucky reader can go buy as much Chex Mix ingredients as they could need for future snacking needs! Winner must be in the United States. Please read the giveaway terms and conditions for more information.
Enter to Win!
Sources: The USA Marquee Sign and patriotic travel mixing bowls came to me compliments of the Kohl’s Summer Entertaining Mailer. Check out your local Kohl’s for your Summer entertaining needs!
This post and giveaway was in partnership with Chex. Recipe and opinions are my own. Thank you for reading and participating in posts that help support this blog!