Hot summer days and sandwiches just go well together. We recently headed out for a summer time picnic (yep, back there again… I just really like picnics!) and I wanted a couple of easy, but tasty sandwiches to serve. This is one of the two sandwiches I made for the afternoon.
Open Faced Crab Salad Sandwich
Makes approximately six sandwiches.
- 4-6 oz crab (you can use freshly cooked crab or canned crab
- juice of a lemon
- 2 tablespoons of mayo
- diced radishes & green onions for garnish
- salt & pepper
- sliced crusty bread
- Mix the crab, lemon, mayo in a bowl and set into a container
- Spread a thin layer of butter on a slice of crusty bread
- Top the bread with the crab mixture
- sprinkle a garnish of radish and green onions
I served these with a zesty side of green bean salad.