In honor of this weekend’s Portland Bloggers’ Family Picnic I decided to make it Picnic Week here on the blog. Use the ideas gathered here to create a fun Summer time picnic at home or, if you are in Portland, bring your newly found ideas to the meet-up! I’ve already shared my favorite picnic supplies and a quick pasta salad recipe, there is so much more coming though! So, pop back in throughout the week for more picnic goodness.
photos via: BashPlease.Com featured on Design Sponge / How to Wear DIY from Adventures in Dressmaking / Butcher Paper Picnic Basics from Oh Happy Day! /Ombre Picnic Blanket from Design Love Fest / Italian Pressed Sandwiches from A Well Crafted Party / Sweet Potato Chips from A Beautiful Mess
My Favorite Picnic Posts Round-Up
I’m not the first, nor will I be the last, to post lots of pretty pictures and great ideas about picnics. Below is a list of some of my favorite picnic themed posts found across the internets. Can’t get enough picnic goodness? Then follow along with my Picnic Pinterest Board for more inspiration as I come across it.
Pretty Picnics to Inspire
- I love the look of this “Magical Dinner Party in the Woods” that Lauren from The Little Things We Do posted last year.
- Oh, Hello Friend’s Picnic Themed Wedding still makes me swoon. I love everything about it and think I’ll hit up a few thrift stores for supplies before Sunday’s picnic!
- This gorgeous outdoor movie night featured on Design Sponge is made even more beautiful with a lovely picnic spread.
- This “simple” evening from the Fresh Exchange is just magical.
- This family picnic set up from a REAL family picnic is making me think I should have planned decorations for this weekend’s event a little more carefully!
DIY Picnic Projects
- These great butcher paper picnic baskets from Oh Happy Day! look super easy to make and downright adorable.
- These simple “pockets of fun” are a perfect way to wrangle and hand out picnic utensils, straws, and salt & pepper!
- Almost Make Perfect shared a quick geometic print DIY picnic blanket that I love.
- In the same fashion as the above picnic blanket, but totally different style, Design Love Fest created a tutorial for an awesome ombre picnic blanket.
- Another picnic blanket that I’m loving is this DIY “girly” portable picnic blanket. It rolls up and can be worn over your shoulder!
What to Wear to a Picnic
- My friend Suzannah has written a few posts with ideas of what to wear to a picnic. I love her styling of this DIY gingham dress. She also recently wrote a whole post with a TON of ideas of DIY picnic wearables.
- You want to be comfortable, yet cute, at a Summer picnic where cameras are coming out… this simple bright yellow dress combo is perfect for a picnic.
- Hats are a fabulous for protecting skin and giving a sweet, relaxed vibe to a well-chosen outfit. Love this look from The Sweetest Occasion.
- While I think dresses at picnics are adorable… sometimes, they just aren’t very practical! I love this cute shorts and tank outfit.
- What will I be wearing to this weekend’s picnic? I’ll probably do similar to last year’s picnic and wear a maxi dress.
- I love the look of these pressed sandwiches for a picnic meal. I loved it so much that I made some of my own for my son’s first birthday. They turned out great and I will be making them again!
- This list of 50, yes, FIFTY, picnic food ideas spans from nibbles to desserts!
- The pressed sandwiches would go nicely with some Homemade Sweet Potato Fries.
- Some people won’t even call it a picnic if there isn’t fried chicken involved. These potato chip fried chicken tenders would be perfect.
- This great post titled “The Perfect Picnic” pretty much sums it all up with great recipes and beautiful styling.
Whoa! That was a lot of picnic fun… Now I’ve gotta go get to work on prepping items for the Portland Bloggers’ picnic. I have no idea WHAT I am bringing after checking out all the fun inspiration on this list one more time.