In honor of the Portland Bloggers’ Family Picnic happening this weekend I wanted to feature a post about picnics. My love for picnics and my ideas for picnic-related posts covered an entire sheet of brainstorming paper though, so instead of ONE post, I’m posting several throughout the week! You’ll see ideas for creating beautiful picnics, picnic supplies, picnic clothing ideas, picnic-ready recipes, some free picnic printables and MORE. Are you as excited as I am?
To get the party started I wanted to share some of my favorite picnic supplies out there ready for your next picnic. I like to mix some handmade items with store bought, and vintage with modern to really set the scene for the perfect picnic. Pictured below are a selection of store bought items that I think could really put together a very pleasant picnic. Throw in some items of your own, make a few selections, and pick up one or two of these fun picnic supplies to put on a perfect Summer picnic.
Picnic Supplies for a Pleasant Summer Picnic
*The following are affiliate links— Affiliate Links help support the bloggers that post them. I only post products/brands I use and love or have been coveting for some time. See my policies for more information.
- Water resistant backed picnic blanket (You can also make your own… check out later this week to learn how!)
- A cooler of some sort. You can try just a regular everyday cooler like this one from Coleman, or a cool collapsable tote (pictured above).
- Wine Key— I’ve always been a fan of the traditional waiter’s wine key that has a foil cutter, corkscrew, and bottle opener all in one cool too. This lime green one needs to find its way into my cupboard!
- Cups and Plates— Picnics are a great time to bring out the outdoor dinnerware and use them instead of throwing away a lot of trash. This is especially great when picnicking somewhere that doesn’t have available trash containers. Campware tableware sets are great for picnics. I’m also a huge fan of these cute melamine plates and cups that look like the disposable kinds. My favorite type though are the ultra pretty ones, like the dinnerware pictured above from Waverly, that can bring a little cuteness to the practicalness of a picnic spread.
- A few throw pillows— this old lady can’t sit on the ground without a little cushion. I happen to love the pictured throw pillows because they are totally outdoor friendly!
- Great reusable containers to carry delish food and drinks in. While I love the above food storage containers from Kinetic, I’m a big fan of good old fashioned Kerr Jars or Ball Jars.
Okay, so you want something that is all in one and super portable? I LOVE my picnic backpack that has an insulated area, wine holder, plates, cups, etc. We got our backpack years ago… but, these packs look awesome as well: (The following links are affiliate links.)
- Picnic Time Malibu Insulated Cooler Picnic Tote, Service for 2
- Picnic Time Pioneer Picnic Basket, Moka— For the traditionalist who still wants to bring a basket to the picnic
- Picnic at Ascot Bold Lux Wine and Cheese Cooler(Perfect for when you just need the necessities— wine & cheese!)
What must-have item makes an appearance at all of YOUR Summer picnics?