I’m kind of in love with whiskey. It makes for wonderful cocktails year round. Don’t believe me? Try this awesome Fruity Whiskey Collins cocktail for the summer. And, then try this Honey, Orange, & Ginger Old Fashioned next Fall or Winter!
I made a batch of these bad boys for my husband’s Farm to Table Birthday Dinner Party. I set out a bottle of premixed ingredients and allowed guests to pour their own and top with soda water. It worked out really well. I had to make two batches because the drink was so popular.
Garnish the drink with a small orange and lemon wedge or top it with a cherry!
A Fruity Whiskey Collins
Recipe for a Single Cocktail
- 2 oz of your favorite whiskey
- 1/2 oz freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 1/2 lemon)
- 1/2 oz freshly squeezed orange juice (about 1/4 large orange)
- 1 oz simple syrup
- 3 oz soda water
- Pour whiskey over ice.
- Squeeze lemon & orange over a strainer and into ice. (You can do this without a strainer too. I just like my strainer)
- Pour simple syrup over ice
- Top with Soda Water
- Stir with cocktail stirrer, spoon, whatever!
- Garnish with fruit
Batch Fruity Whiskey Collins Recipe:
makes approximately 8 cocktails and will need a 34 oz pitcher or container
- 16 oz of your favorite whiskey
- 4 oz freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 1/2 lemon)
- 4 oz freshly squeezed orange juice (about 1/4 large orange)
- 8 oz simple syrup
- Fruit for Garnish
- Soda Water to top cocktails, not to mix in! 3oz/glass
- In a Pitcher Combine the Whiskey, Lemon Juice, Orange Juice, and Simple Syrup
- Stir Well
- Set a glass with a mark at 4 oz next to pitcher so that guests can measure their own cocktails out. A 1/2 cup measuring cup works perfect.
- Set out instructions for guests to pour 4 oz of mixture over ice, top with soda water, stir, and finish off with a garnish of fruit!
What is your favorite summer beverage?