This is a guest post featuring one of the delicious hors d’oeuvres that was pictured in the Chic & Modern New Year’s Eve party featured on Pizzazzerie.com. This is part of a Portland Blogger’s Collaboration photo shoot and post series. Read on to see a recipe for a delicious (and easy!) party appetizer: The Blini with Creme Fraiche and Caviar.
Blinis with Crème Fraîche and Caviar
1 ½ cups of whole milk
1 ½ tablespoons super fine sugar
2 ½ teaspoons dry yeast
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup buckwheat flour
1 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
3 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 oz Caviar
- In a small saucepan, heat the milk and sugar until just starting to bubble (not boil) aroundthe edge of the pan. Remove from heat and cool until just warm to the touch. Sprinkle yeaston top and let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine, the flours and salt. Sift until fine. In a small saucepan, melt thebutter and stir in the milk mixture and then add melted butter and milk to flour mixture.
- Mix until smooth. Cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap and let rise until mixture has
doubled in size, about 1-2 hours.
- After the batter has risen, incorporate the eggs and beat until smooth. Heat a cast iron panor griddle to medium and lightly grease. Pour several servings (small amount, silver-dollarsize) of batter into pan.
- Once tiny bubbles appear, flip.
- Allow Blinis to cool slightly and then add a dollop of crème fraîche and a small spoonful ofcaviar.
Thank you so much to Kate for sharing this recipe with us. This little delight was my very first taste of caviar… OMMMMMGGGGEEE. I see now why it is a big deal. Tasted heavenly!
Follow along this week and next for more of this party, first featured on Pizzazzerie.com! I’ll be featuring a tasty cocktail, an appetizer recipe, a few DIY projects, and some DIY party tips for your NYE party!