This is a guest post featuring one of the delicious drinks that was pictured in the Chic & Modern New Year’s Eve party featured on Pizzazzerie.com. This is part of a Portland Blogger’s Collaboration photo shoot and post series. Read on for a tasty Rosemary Bliss Cocktail Recipe!
*** THIS RECIPE IS FOR PEOPLE OF LEGAL DRINKING AGE.***
SCROLL TO BOTTOM FOR A NON-ALCOHOLIC VERSION OF THIS DRINK
Rosemary Bliss Cocktail
I was very excited for the chance to use a locally made liquor for this cocktail. Crater Lake Gin is made by Bend Distillery in Bend, OR. It is considered an American gin, infused with juniper after distillation, which makes it different from many.
As for the rosemary, while it is popular at Christmas (for its evergreen appearance), it is a known symbol of remembrance, which, in my opinion, makes for a great New Year’s cocktail. What better way to remember the last year than with this sweet and savory gin-based beverage?
- 2-4 Rosemary sprigs
- 1 Lemon, sliced and juiced (sliced for decorative purposes)
- 1 1/2 oz. gin (Crater Lake Gin pictured)
- 2 oz. sparkling water chilled
- Up to 2 Tbls. Simple Syrup
A Simple Rosemary-Infused Syrup
- On the stove, stir together 1/2 cup sugar, 2 chopped sprigs rosemary, and 1/2 cup water.
- Boil for 10 minutes
- Then strain out the rosemary.
Store extra simple syrup in the fridge for future use.
- Mix gin with 1 T lemon juice and 1-2 T simple syrup (depending on how sweet you like your cocktail).
- Pour in sparkling water, and stir if needed.
- Twist yourself a lemon peel (video tutorial here), wrap it around a sprig of rosemary, and rest it on the inside of your glass. Enjoy!
Thank you so much to Bee for sharing her recipe. And, I’ve tasted this concoction and LOVED it. The flavors of the gin and rosemary are subtle and lovely when paired with the lemon and sugar of the simple syrup. In my experience the juice of 1 lemon comes to about 1 oz. And, 2 Tablespoons of liquid is around 1 oz as well!
ROSEMARY BLISS SODA: A Non-alcoholic option
1 1/2 OZ Lemon Juice
1 1/2 OZ ROSEMARY Simple Syrup (See above for method)
3 OZ Sparkling water
Pour in glass over ice, garnish with lemon and rosemary, and ENJOY!
Follow along this week and next for more of this party, first featured on Pizzazzerie.com! I’ll be featuring a tasty cocktail, an appetizer recipe, a few DIY projects, and some DIY party tips for your NYE party!
A BIG thank you to my NYE party collaborators—
Check out their blogs!