Mmmm… is there anything better than the flavors of apples and spices together? Why, yes…there is! Add tequila! 😉 I typically enjoy rum with my apple cider. But, after I saw How Sweet It Is put out a delicious looking Apple Cider Margarita, I knew I would have to try something different. (BTW– one of my favorite food blogs!)
The Apple Cider Margarita was a HUGE hit last thanksgiving as everyone mingled and snacked before the big meal.
I had to use some items that I had on hand, so my drink is a tad different. It was super delicious though. Please let me know what you think if you try it!
Apple Cider Margarita
- 1 1/4 oz Gold Tequila (I used Jose Cuervo Gold)
- 1 oz Triple Sec
- 1 oz Orange Juice
- 3 oz Apple Cider
- Apple Slices for garnish
- 1 orange wedge to help rim glass (lime would work as well… but, oranges are sweeter)
- Brown Sugar, Cinnamon, and white sugar mixed together on a plate for the rim of glass
- 1 shaker with ice
- Slide the fruit of an orange around the lip of a glass and then stick the glass in the cinnamon sugar mixture to rim the glass.
- Pour the tequila, triple sec, orange juice, apple cider into the shaker and shake to combine.
- Pour the entire contents of the shaker (ice and all) into a pre-rimmed glass.
- Garnish with an apple slice.
YUM! I hope this year I can try the exact recipe from How Sweet It Is
…. It looks so good!