This festive cocktail is sweet with a kick. It is easy to throw together and serve at a party. I didn’t own a punch bowl and picked up this great Libby bowl from a craft store for around $7. Pretty sure it is going to become a staple in my future parties!
Bourbon Apple Ginger Punch
- 1 Apple cored and sliced
- 2 Bottles of Ginger Brew or approximately 6 cups of Ginger soda (I used Trader Joe’s Ginger Brew – you want to use a very gingery ginger brew. If you can only use gingerale get as gingery as you can otherwise it will sweeten the punch significantly.)
- 2 Cups Bourbon (I used Eastside Distilling’s Burnside Bourbon)
- 4 Cups Apple Juice ( Use a nice organic, 100% Apple Juice… you won’t be sorry)
- 1 22 oz Bottle of Sweet Apple Cider ( I used Portland Cider Company’s Sorta Sweet)
- 1/2 Cup Sweet Vermouth
- 8 Dashes of Bitters
- Pour all contents into a large punch bowl. Put into fridge to chill. You may add ice to chill, but it will dilute the drink some so use sparingly.
- Dish into glasses and enjoy!
Photo credits from top left clockwise: AWCP // Motormouth Studios for AWCP // I’m Bored, Let’s Go // Cooking with BS // The Spicy Bee // Merlot Mommy// Urban Bliss Life // Cooking with BS // The Goodhearted Woman
Holiday Cocktail Roundup
These drinks would be fun for your Christmas parties or New Year’s Eve events! Thank you to all the bloggers who participated! If marked (NA) the drink is non-alcoholic and does not contain any alcohol.
Punches or by the Pitcher
- Orange Rosemary Punch from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Homemade Eggnog from Ann’s Entitled Life
- Jingle Juice Punch from Sunshine & Sippycups
- Apple Cider & Cranberry Punch from Fork & Vine
- J&J Pear Sidecar from Merlot Mommy
- Brown Sugar Mint Julep from Cooking with Brian Staffield (while mint traditionally makes me think of summer… the brown sugar in this cocktail makes it great for a holiday beverage.)
- Whiskey Ginger Recipe from Goodhearted Woman
- Eggnog Martini from I’m Bored, Let’s Go
- Gingerbread Martini from Ann’s Entitled Life
- Rosemary Bliss Cocktail from The Spicy Bee on A Well Crafted Party
- Chocolate Peppermint Cocktail from A Well Crafted Party
- Hot Buttered Rum from Cooking with Brian Staffield
- (NA) Mulled Apple Cider from Confessions of an Over-Worked Mom
- Hot Toddy from The Spicy Bee
- NYE Wine Picks from Urban Bliss Life