The Portland Bloggers group recently had the opportunity to visit local party and craft shop Fancy That for a fun crafting event. Lisa, owner of Fancy That, prepped a great customizable craft that each of the bloggers in attendance were able to make for the coffee or tea lover in their lives. Many people talked about giving to friends or teachers. I personally wanted to keep mine for myself! 🙂 This is a really easy and fun DIY friend gift idea that you can completely customize for the gift recipient.
This isn’t your typical tutorial. It is completely adjustable to your style and materials. Nearly all of the materials can be found at the Fancy That shop who has both an online and brick-and-mortar store.
The picture above shows what each attendee to the craft event received at their table. The tables were also covered with party circles, double sided tape, washi tape, bakers twine, and hole punches. Nearly all items below can be purchased through the Fancy That shop!
- 1 drink carrier
- wooden spoons
- Tea packets or instant coffee packages
- Sugar or other sweetener packages
- cellophane baggies for decorating and/or packaging
- White cups with lids & sleeves
Optional items used for decorating and customizing your gift:
- Custom printed party circles (can be anything really!)
- Washi Tape
- Double Sided Tape
- Bakers Twine
- Hole punch
Directions for your DIY Coffee (or Tea) Lover Friend Gift
Decorate your supplies as you like, put everything in the drink carrier, and deliver to your friend!
I hate to be so simple on a tutorial’s directions… but, this craft was THAT EASY. You can decorate as little or as much as you want. Placing custom tags or printables on items or just labeling with your pen. You can even just put everything in the drink carrier with some napkins and a sweet note and call it good. But, here are some ideas for further inspiration:
- Use washi tape and wrap around the box, spoon handles, or cups to give your gift a fun, decorative touch.
- Fill one of the cellophane bags with tea packages, fold the bag to resemble a tea bag, affix a string of bakers twine with a staple, affix a small heart or tag at the other end of the string with a staple– you then have a giant tea bag as a container for your tea packages!
- Use bakers twine and washi tape to crate a cute little bunting for the container!
PS National Friendship Day is August 3rd!
PPS Love this idea, but aren’t really into crafting? Fancy that is selling an adorable Tea for Two drink carrier with fixins on the website!
** I attended a free craft event put on by Fancy That for Portland Bloggers. Portland Bloggers is a product of my company Jenni Bost Creative Services LLC. This event was a break out event with no promise of posting or review. I just enjoyed my time and thought the craft would fit nicely on my blog. I also believe in supporting local businesses when possible. I hope you enjoyed the craft as much as I did!**