This post is a sponsored post opportunity from BlogHer. All opinions are my own. I signed up for this opportunity to bring my readers a great opportunity and to help connect more bloggers!
I’ve been blogging her on A Well Crafted Party for just over 4 years now. I’ve done blogging part-time & full-time. Blogging is now such an integral part of my life now that has provided myself and my family with opportunities that I could have never dreamed of being able to part-take in. But, most of all, it has brought some of the most amazing PEOPLE into my life.
When I started blogging I never thought that it would take me away from my computer and out into the world so often. Moreover, that going out into the world more often would help take my blogging to the next level! It is funny how those things go together, isn’t it?
“Blogging” is one of the main content areas that I provide here on the blog, because… lets face it, often BLOGGERS are some of the best blog READERS. I like to provide the tools and opportunities that have been helpful for me in my blogging journey including Portland-area meet-ups, blogging tips, and blogging printables. I’m really excited to be able to also share a little about this year’s BlogHer Conference and a link to some discounted passes, because let’s face it, networking is an important (and fun!) part of the blogging world and BlogHer is one of the best ways to get yourself into a room with a plethora of other bloggers and brands.
****Get your conference passes (with a discount) by clicking on the following link to the BlogHer’14 Eventbrite page.****
More about BlogHer’14:
- The BlogHer Annual Conference turns 10 years old this year! (What!?!)
- Dates: July 24-26, 2014
- Where: San Jose Convention Center in San Jose, CA
- They’ve got childcare covered. “We are proud to announce Childcare at BlogHer ’14 in San Jose! We have once again partnered with KiddieCorp and are offering childcare for all three days—Thursday, Friday and Saturday—at a subsidized rate of $50 per child, per day. “
BlogHer Keynote Speakers of 2014:
- Arianna Huffington: Arianna is the chair, president, and editor in chief of the Huffington Post Media Group. BlogHer attendees will get the opportunity to hear Arianna discuss the evolution of her business, social media and of her thinking about wellness.
- Kerry Washington: Ms. Pope… excuse me, actor and activist Kerry Washinton will be speaking about her causes and work and how the social platform amplifies them both.
- Tig Notaro: Comedian Tig Notaro will share about her brand of comedy. (If you haven’t seen her… she is hilarious. Her talk is bound to be talked about!)
- Jenny Lawson: The Bloggess returns to BlogHer again this year to tell a story of BlogHer success.If you haven’t read her blog. Do. It is amazing, real, and oh-so-funny.
Why go to a Blogging Conference?
That line-up alone makes me want to go! But, more than that, there will be bloggers, brands, parties, and many different classes to help with blogging skills! The opportunity to not only hone your skills, but to also have the opportunity to meet the brands and fellow bloggers that can help get your blog to the next level is too good to pass up.
I am not sure if I will be able to attend this year. But, boy oh boy, I am going to try! Meeting other bloggers and building on my blogging skills are important to me. More than that… I love the opportunity to connect other bloggers together. I have a goal to go to a future BlogHer conference, and then someday, a goal to see my name up on that speaker list too!