This year’s birthday party was scheduled between in the mid-afternoon, after lunch time and before dinner. I wanted to keep the food simple and didn’t want to worry about a lot of food getting wasted. Toddlers are notoriously picky eaters!
My menu for this event was pretty simple: fruit, veggies, cake, and ice cream. True to form, I still wanted to match the party food up to the theme a little. That is the beauty of having a town-themed party though… you can build your town around your menu and activities!
I found cute little french fry containers at Target and instantly new we had to have a Fast Food restaurant with a healthy twist. So, the fast food restaurant served veggie sticks as french fries. We then built a bakery to house the cupcakes and an ice cream truck to serve the ice cream. We built a cafe for the beverages and served water or juice in disposable coffee cups. My son was thrilled to be walking around with a coffee cup like his daddy.
More Town Themed Party Food Ideas:
- Sandwiches— Set up a deli for the kiddos to play in or to house deli sandwiches.
- Meals— Create a replica of your favorite restaurant and serve little meals on table cloth covered cardboard box tables.
- Cake Pops— These can go in a bakery setting, or you can get really creative and decorate the cake pops to match your town’s businesses. You could make little cakepops that look like basketballs, footballs, or baseballs and put them in the town’s athletic store.
- Candy— Create a candy shop for your little’s to shop at!
- Fruit— A cute little fruit stand or market would be a great place for the kids to shop for their snacks.
- Lemonade— Let the kiddos play in and serve lemonade from a lemonade stand.
The list goes on and on!
What would you serve at a town themed party?