As part of my Summer Entertaining Series I’ve asked several of my favorite bloggers to share tips, parties, recipes, and ideas for great Summer parties. Today I’ve got one of my FAVORITE bloggers’ sharing her favorite Summer Essentials. Please welcome Sharon of Cupcakes & Cutlery to A Well Crafted Party!
Hi guys! I’m super excited to be contributing to A Well Crafted Party today! I’m from California so we can pretty much entertain outdoors all year long. My design style doesn’t vary that much by season. I generally gravitate towards a boho vibe and this summer is no different. These are my summer entertaining essentials:
Summer Entertaining Essentials
1. A bold plate with lots of color is a great way to bring a punch to your table without having to have other knick knacks or worry about getting fresh flowers for the table.
2. I love the shape of these acrylic double old-fashion glasses. I’ve got two little boys and the idea of taking glasses outside is just a little bit daunting. And I don’t always follow the normal hostess rules so I would use these to serve mixed drinks, iced tea or wine. Anarchy!
3. I’m totally coveting this beverage dispenser. I think it is just gorgeous and would be the perfect vessel for serving spa water or a cocktail punch for a gathering.
4. I adore black and white stripes. And this umbrella. Could there be a cuter way to keep the sun off your guests?
5. I came across this St. George Gin recently and am a total convert. Not only is the packaging perfect, it makes a delicious gin and tonic! Check out the serve yourself gin and tonic bar (with recipes – scroll to the bottom of the post) I styled for a recent shoot.
6. I love mixing patterns so these napkins are the perfect accompaniment to the dinner plates. And orange is one of my favorite colors so how could I pass these up?!
7. This lantern is simple and lovely. I love that it looks amazing just sitting there but provides double duty for giving off a little ambient lighting later in the evening.
8. I’m not going to lie. I pretty much hate the outdoors. It’s just so bug-y. I really don’t like things crawling on me. So I like to provide my guests and I a natural bug spray to use. One that doesn’t smell like butane or other nasty chemicals.
9. I’m finding that I am severely lacking in the tray department. This one is utilitarian, would fit with many different types of decor and is so functional with the handle. I want it. Bad.
10. Maybe it was growing up in the 70’s with a hippie-ish mother but I rarely have shoes on at home. But I understand that some guests might be put off by naked feet. My favorite flip-flops are Havianas. A simple black pair with a little gem is the perfect foot accessory.
As my boys grow up, I am getting to entertain in a more adult way. For years my focus has been on their parties (like this music-inspired space party and this old school cake and confetti party). But I’m excited to start exploring more sophisticated party decorating! I hope you will follow along with my blog and see what I come up with! Thanks for having me, Jenni!
-Sharon is a lifestyle blogger at Cupcakes and Cutlery. Sharing unique entertaining ideas, her family’s favorite products, simple crafts and anything else she wants you to know about. Sharon loves music, reality television and reading magazines. She does not like mayo (she can’t even spell it), clowns or messes.
Thank you so much to Sharon for contributing to the Summer Entertaining Series while I am on vacation! If you haven’t been to her blog then you have to go check it out. She did some of my FAVORITE parties including her “For Like Ever Bridal Shower” and “Neon & Neutral: So Glad You Were Born Party.” This is a great round up of Summer entertaining essentials!