When I heard of the Sweet Pea cocktail I really had to think a bit before I decided to try it. I mean really, peas? In a cocktail? Well, I’m so glad I tried it! I found the original recipe at the Bon Appetit blog. I changed a few things to make it more my taste. I tested it out on friends who enjoyed it… so, I feel pretty safe in saying that this is a great cocktail for Spring or Summer.
Sweet Pea Cocktail Ingredients
Yep, peas in a cocktail and it is GOOD.
The Sweet Pea Cocktail
- 2 oz Gin
- 1/4 cup peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1 oz lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- In a shaker pour gin, peas, lemon juice, and sugar over ice.
- SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE. You want the peas to get nice and pummeled.
- Strain into a cocktail glass or really, any small glass will do.
- If you feel like it…. garnish with a pea, a sugar snap pea, or a lemon slice.