There are so many tutorials out there for fun, DIY platters. I wanted something that I hadn’t seen before, was inexpensive, and could be used on a table or as a passed hors d’oeuvre platter. I decided to create these fun DIY Platters out of cutting boards so that the area the food goes on would be completely food safe.
To make these platters you’ll need:
- Wood cutting boards (I got mine at Ross for $8 for 3 boards)
- Spray paint in your color choice— I used gold
- Painter’s Tape
I chose to only do one side of my board so that if needed I could use the opposite side as an actual cutting board. But, you could choose to do both sides!
- Tape off the center area of the board with painters tape. I wanted thick strips of gold on each side, but enough space in the center to artfully arrange the hors d’oeuvres. If you are using a very large board then you might want to cover the center with paper and tape that down instead of wasting a bunch of tape.
- Spray the board with the spray paint following the instructions on the can.
- Once the paint is dry, remove the tape. Voila! You have yourself an easy, inexpensive platter that will show off your food nicely!
My boards are still holding up after several hand washes. I recommend that you dry the board immediately, or possibly add a sealant, to avoid water spots on the paint.
Follow along this week and next for more of this party, first featured on Pizzazzerie.com! I’ll be featuring a tasty cocktail, an appetizer recipe, a few DIY projects, and some DIY party tips for your NYE party!
*Occasionally links on this blog are affiliate links that help support this blogger. This is a for-profit blog. To read my Advertising Guidelines please click here.