Tie fabric strips onto chicken wire skipping some of the holes so that the fabric lays nicely.
Inspired by the party dresses I posted a while ago, the lack of money in my bank and two blogs I just discovered I decided to make my dress this year for my birthday/holidays. And, because I didn’t take photos of the process I decided to draw you some pictures of the entire crazy process.
- Any and all Martha Stewart craft gear is very welcome in my stocking like the scallop circle punch, large circle cutter, marker set and GLITTER!
- All warm weather gear is needed for the Portland winter. I love these fingerless gloves with mitten tops from Target. I also really like all the really LONG fingerless gloves around now.
- Accessories are the way to my heart! I love jewelry. I don’t like spending a lot of money on it because I switch between favorite pieces so very often. Which is why I love the fun costume jewelry found at Forever21.
- It might seem slightly odd but I would love to find a stocking full of envelopes, papers, stamps and other basic stationery goodies. The Paper-Source is one of my favorite places to find paper.
- Etsy is another place to find a plethora of Jenni loved items. I really like this headband from Love Stitched and this beautiful stocking.
- I try to buy a new coat/jacket every year (you need them in this rainy city) and I have fallen head over heels for this ruffled coat from Ruche.
- Shabby Apple makes the most amazingly beautiful dresses that don’t show a ton of skin. I’m particularly fond of the Red Fox number and black and white dress called Ingrid. (Sigh…)
- This sparkly dress from Ruche is already taking first place for New Year’s dresses.
- Books are always the way to go with me and I happen to like craft centered ones. Right now I am really into sewing so Sew U and Sew Liberated are at the top of my list.
- I’m really, really into ruffles right now. I want a ruffled bedspread, skirt and this amazing shower curtain from Urban Outfitters.
- Shoes make pretty awesome presents because they don’t vary in size quite as much as women clothing. I am really into these canvas wedges from Ruche. (Can you tell I like this site!?!)
- Oh, and the fabric!?! I really just would like to have some more fun fabrics to choose from when having fun creating stuff. Possibly in 3-5 yard bundles. (Image)
put together with different people in mind.
Please let me know what your favorite item was/is! Also, if you see something out there that would fit into one of these categories but I didn’t list please let me know.
Check out the blog in the upcoming days as I put up my personal wish list as well.
So, I have a lot of fantastic ideas for posts and have been working on them all… not to mention the 3000 other things I have to do this December.
I was so incredibly inspired by this post from Love Stitched. I mean… If the writer of a blog and company that I admire so much really does have a house and to-do list that look like mine then I might not be as crazy as I think I am.
So, that has been my month so far… what have you been up to?
UPDATE: Look for the gift guide post on TUESDAY!
|Beauty Queen page from TomKat Studio’s Holiday Gift Guide Compiled by Becki of Whipping Cake|
|I loved this page! From Pizzazzerie.Com|
Adorable items for many on your list. I especially like the lovely Christmas card ideas!
What type of person are you having trouble shopping for this Holiday season?
(Answer and you might just see a section for them in my Holiday Gift Guide post!)
I’ve been playing on Polyvore.com again! This time I was looking for festive outfits for holiday parties. These sets are ideal for a Christmas Cocktail Party, Holiday Open House, Work Party and New Years Eve Bash. Oh, and there might be one in there that inspires me for my Birthday! 😉
Okay, I posted a few days ago about my Thanksgiving outfit inspiration. I thought it only fair to show you what I came out of the inspirational photos.
I think it ended up taking most of my inspiration from this Polyvore set:
|Fabric Rose Bracelet|
|Fabric Rose and Feather Headband|
|*Me* on Thanksgiving|