Gin and Summer go hand in hand in my book. This simple and refreshing cocktail is perfect for a hot summer evening. Make it in single servings or mix it up in a batch to serve a crowd. I recently made a batch of this to serve at my husband’s Farm to Table Birthday Party. I also made a batch of Fruity Whiskey Collins. The two drinks went FAST and were perfect for an evening celebrating out in the garden and backyard.
Simple, Refreshing Gin and Basil Cocktail Recipe:
Gin and Basil Cocktail for one
- 2 oz of your favorite Gin
- 1 oz of Lemon Juice (approximately 1 lemon)
- 1 oz of Basil Simple Syrup
- 4 oz soda water
- glass (at least 8 oz glass)
- stirring spoon
- garnish of Basil
- Pour 2 oz of Gin, 1 oz of Lemon Juice, 1 oz of Basil Simple Syrup, and 4 oz of soda water over ice in a tall glass.
- Garnish with Basil leaf
Gin and Basil Cocktail for Eight
- 16 oz of your favorite Gin
- 8 oz of Lemon Juice (approximately 8 lemons)
- 8 oz of Basil Simple Syrup
- pitcher (at least 32 oz)
- stirring spoon
- Soda Water to be used at time of serving)
- Measuring cup for 4oz (1/2 cup)
- glassware, ice, stirring spoons, instructions sign and garnish of Basil for guests to make their own.
- Pour 16 oz of Gin, 8 oz of Lemon Juice, and 8 oz of Basil Simple Syrup into a pitcher
- Set out with sign, glasses, stirring spoons, ice, measuring cup and soda water so guests can make their own.
- Pour 4 oz of the mixture over ice, top with soda water, stir, garnish with Basil and enjoy!
When I heard of the Sweet Pea cocktail I really had to think a bit before I decided to try it. I mean really, peas? In a cocktail? Well, I’m so glad I tried it! I found the original recipe at the Bon Appetit blog. I changed a few things to make it more my taste. I tested it out on friends who enjoyed it… so, I feel pretty safe in saying that this is a great cocktail for Spring or Summer.