Disclaimer: This post, while something I am completely and genuinely excited about, came through to me as an opportunity for a affiliate program. The link below is an affiliate link—a small portion of the purchases made from registries created with the below link will help support this blog. Creating a registry is no cost to you! So, you can register away and still help me support fresh content on this blog. Thank you for your support!
I’m a huge fan of Ikea. Nearly my entire house is decorated with Ikea products from their Lack side tables all the way to the frames on my wall. I’m a bit addicted. I can’t tell you how awesome it would have been to be able to register at Ikea for my wedding or for the birth of my son, but I’ll try…
See!? I’m excited.
Okay, but seriously, how cool would it be to register for the home goods that you know your friends and family can afford, that you’ll like, and already work with your existing home goods?
Ikea Portland Registry Facts:
- This registry option is currently only available in the Ikea in Portland.
- Managing your registry is EASY. They’ve made it as convenient as possible to manage the registry so everything can be done in store, through the app or on a computer. Items can be added to the registry in the following ways by scanning the barcode in the store, by typing in the article number using the app or by browsing the entire IKEA catalog in the registry app and/ or on a desktop. (If you’d like to use the affiliate link and support my blog while getting your registry on then please sign up and register on your desktop/laptop computer.)
- You can set up the registry for any upcoming event… not just weddings or baby showers! (How awesome would it have been to register for Ikea furniture for your graduation!? Perfect for college dorms!)
- Creating a profile is as easy as hooking up your Facebook account OR just entering in your email address and name. I love the Facebook option because it is so much easier for me than remembering a new password… though, I understand why some people prefer to not have Facebook hooked up to everything.
- One of the most unique and popular features is the ‘chip-in’ feature. This is beneficial to all sides! Guests can chip in together to split the cost of larger items and couples don’t have to feel limited in terms of which items they can place on their registry.You can even add an entire kitchen to your list! As people chip in the couple is notified and updated so that you can see the progress as it reaches a full purchase.
- Once the gifts are purchased the registrant issues a voucher via the registry app. You can pick up your items in the store and check out right away simply by showing their phone. You have full flexibility at that point to change any item for anything else before you redeem your gifts. This is also unique because if for some reason you change your mind about a product you are free to change their minds when they go to pick up your gifts.
- Guests can search for a registry by going to portland.gift-registry.us and search by name, email address, or registry number.
The photos above are Ikea items that are now sitting on my registry!
Click on over and start your registry today! I’d love to know if you’ve set one up and what you’re excited about!