This was a tough week that I’m not quite ready to go into about on here… But, on Friday night the family (including my wonderful in-laws who are in town visiting) visited a local park for Movies in the Park. It was absolutely the most perfect ending to a very long week.
I had read a little about movies in the park program and knew we’d go to a park, picnic in tow, and see a little live music and a movie. We picked a local park playing the movie Frozen. It was all of that, but so much more! I was impressed by what the City of Portland and the local sponsors put together for a free evening of entertainment.
Quick recap of our Movies in the Park experience for memory-sake and just in case you want to check out some of these companies/entertainment options for yourself:
- Pre-show entertainment was done by The Danny Black and The Sale. Both bands were great! The Danny Black one-mad band had me cracking up with fun new lyrics put against a background of familiar music and sung by a really strong male voice. The Sale had all the kiddos out front dancing!
- Free popcorn was being handed out by local cheerleaders. Kiddo loved this and being able to do a little craft with a cheerleader.
- Several companies were raffling off the opportunity to win some pretty awesome prize. I won a gift certificate and bag of coffee from Mojo Cafe and Drive Thru out on SE Powell. How cool is that!?
- Movie didn’t start til dusk (understandably) so it made for a late night. Several smart families brought their kiddos in pjs.
- One incredibly smart momma (or dad) decided to throw a Frozen themed birthday party at the park! They brought blankets, frozen balloons, and treats. The entertainment was taken care of for them!
- We brought a blanket and picnic. Next time I’ll worry less about the food (there were three food carts in attendance and a popsicle vendor!) and more about cushion. My old rear can’t handle 4+hours on hard ground. Next time some pillows and maybe low camp chairs will attend as well.
- I really, really want to go see The Little Mermaid at Mt. Scott Park on August 29. Who is with me?