Hey… did you know Mother’s Day is SUNDAY? Yea, the thousand and one posts about it on social media and the blogosphere reminded me too. I actually mailed out my gifts this year BEFORE Mother’s Day. (Though, likely, they will still be late.) A serious accomplishment for me nonetheless.
I do have good intentions. I actually love all the ideas that come up right before Mother’s Day on all the blogs. I think, “Wow. Next year I am totally going to do that.” Then the year passes by and it is suddenly May 5th. And, while I am sipping on my margarita I inevitably realize that another Mother’s Day is approaching and catching me unprepared.
If I am this terrible at remembering Mother’s Day—and, I’m a mother—I really can’t be terribly upset that my husband completely forgot that Mother’s Day is this upcoming Sunday and might have planned to be at a Timber’s game. I’m guessing my two-year-old hasn’t planned to make me breakfast in bed or created me a stunning card creation. (slacker)*
Super Last Minute and Not Too Expensive Mother’s Day Gift Ideas
I thought I’d help a hubby out and share my favorite picks for Mother’s Day. While being a mother is gift enough—and all that jazz— I sure do like a well-thought-out gift.** This momma doesn’t have expensive tastes, loves a sense of humor, and appreciates thoughtful/useful (yet still fun) gifts. Maybe, just maybe, you haven’t figured out a gift for your momma (or baby mamma) these gift ideas will be helpful for you as well.
- Sentimental, sweet… and complete gift with card under $20: Lindsay Letters – A Note for Mom $10 (Secret: I already bought this one for myself.)
- Thoughtful… shows that he knows me: Aqua Enamel Flatware ($8.96) via World Market & Garden Buzz Dessert Plate ($12) Anthropologie
- Practical… and yet, awesome: Flats are practical for work or for play. Add a fun pop of color to make them special. Xhileration Lumiere Two Piece Flat ($21.00)
- Fabulous…just add in a trip to the beach: Sunhat ($12.99), Sunglasses ($16.99) — Wanna make the sunglasses even cuter? Add this adorable free “You Make My Life Shine Brighter Mom” Printable.
- Cheeky & Fun: Why not get these fun new wines from Modern Wine Houses (available at Target) and give mom a ladies’ night!
Were you on top of things this year and remember to show mom a little love?
*While my husband’s memory is not made for remembering holidays and such… he shows me every day how much he loves and respects me. I like to rib him a little about his forgetfulness, but seriously, he is awesome. The kid is a total slacker though. 😉
** Anyone who knows me knows this is a joke. Sure, I like a pretty little gift as much as the next person. But, I cherish things much higher than baubles. Happy Mom’s Day out there to everyone who made it this far in the post!