Okay, okay… so it IS New York Fashion Week right now. And, like any young girl who loved the idea of her clothes walking the runway someday, I’m enjoying the coverages of the shows. However, I’m looking forward to NEXT week and Portland Fashion Week even more than hearing about this week’s NYFW coverage.
Way back when I was an editor for a small newspaper in Oklahoma I had the pleasure of attending my very first fashion show and covering it for my newspaper. It was a blast. It was for charity. It was a dream come true. My calves hurt for a week because I insisted on wearing my favorite heels though I was going to be up and down photographing the runway.
I’m even more excited about getting to visit the Portland Fashion Week next week as one of the show’s Style Collective members! But, you don’t need to be a style collective member to get in on the fun. Portland Fashion Week prices are so reasonable that anyone can go and experience what it is like to see a fashion show in person.
What I am Looking Forward to about Portland Fashion Week:
- I’ll be attending 4 of the 6 shows: Bridal Fashion, Ready to Wear, Youth Fashion, and Dream Luxe show.
- A diverse line up of models. From what I’ve been reading about the shows and from what I’ve seen so far we will have a pretty diverse runway line up in both race and sizes. There has been a lot of talk about the lack of diversity in both areas in fashion in general. I know that PFW is trying to make strides in the right direction in this area and hope to see it on the runway!
- LIVE MUSIC!
- Pop-up shops. How cool is it that you can actually purchase some of the things you are seeing on the runway at boutique pop-up shops at the show!? I think it makes runway fashion much more accessible to the everyday market. Granted, I’m sure that not ALL of the designs will be available (or affordable) but, I do like the idea that 36 mini boutiques will be out there for everyone’s shopping pleasure.
- Cocktails! Hey, hey… there is a cash bar at the events so you can enjoy the runway and have a cocktail to boot. It is Portland afterall.
- After parties! Need I say more? I do like a fun party.
Tickets: All the ticket packages are sold out right now. But, you can get general admission seating currently for just $20 and that is good for the show of your choice and the after party! Children under 10 years old receive free admission with an adult. Shows are all ages until 10 PM, the after parties are 21+. GA tickets at the door cost $30 so get your ticket now! Purchase your General Admission Ticket to Portland Fashion Week or Find Out More By Clicking Here
To My Readers: I know that not all my readers are from the Portland area and this post might not be super interesting to everyone. However, over 40% of my readership is in the PNW and I want everyone in the area to know that they too have this opportunity. I’ll try my best to keep most of my coverage of this event interesting to the majority of my readership though! Also, I’ll still be sharing my normal party posts within the fun fashion posts!
Disclaimer: As part of the PFW Style Collective I am receiving complimentary VIP entry to some of the PFW shows and parties. I am not receiving further compensation. I applied to be a part of the collective because I truly love PFW and am excited about the strides the show is making in Portland’s fashion scene. My choice to post about the event is completely my own and all opinions are my own.