This is part of my series featuring things to do in Portland , Or. I have several PNW readers and like to share some of the fun items that residents and visitors can do in the area!
Anyone who is in the Portland area this week and want to get out for an afternoon of fun and learning is invited to the GoodnessKnows Wellness Lounge. I think this would be a fun activity for stay-at-home moms and dads looking to get out of the house for the afternoon, homeschooling parents looking for a little educational field trip, or for a fun lunch break experience to those people (like my husband) who work downtown.
When: Wednesday, August 7 from 11 AM to 3 PM
Where: Pioneer Square, Morrison Corner, 701 SW 6th Avenue, Portland, Ore. 97204
Cost: Free admission!
What is going on!?
- Local registered dietitian Megan Roosevelt joins GoodnessKnows to bring the Goodnessknows Wellness Lounge, nutrition tips, and samples.
- Portland’s “Wall of goodness” photo mural. For each photo taken on-site, goodnessknows will donate a snack square to St. Vincent de Paul, Portland.
- Family friendly activities like hopscotch and tic tac toe drawn by a local Portland chalk artist
- Fun exercise sessions hosted throughout the day
- Giveaways and prizes provided by local radio station, Z 100
- High quality, affordable nourishment by local food truck – Thrive. (The first 75 guests are getting a $10 voucher for Thrive!)
** This is NOT a sponsored post. I thought this information might be useful for some of my PNW followers. **