Over the weekend I enjoyed meeting a ton of Pacific Northwest Bloggers at a meet-up in Seattle. I had such a fun time that I completely forgot to post about A Well Crafted Party’s 3rd birthday! My very first post on this website was posted April 26, 2010, “Let’s Party.”
I can’t believe that this little blog has been in my life for three years now. It has grown and changed with me. In honor of the blog’s birthday I’d like to share a few things about me and this blog. I’d also like to say THANK YOU to each and everyone of you for reading today and all the other days that you’ve clicked through to one of my posts. You’re the best.
How to Connect
I love, love, love my social networks [some might call me addicted]. I try to keep different information and ideas floating around on each of my social networks. If you wanna get to know me, my family, and have a little insight into my world, then check out my Instagram account. I’ll update about posts here on the blog, give party tips, and free printables on my Facebook account. Twitter is my favorite place to chat about a variety of subjects, update about posts, and promote my favorite brands and bloggers. Google + and I are still trying to figure things out… but, I’m on there. You’ll see my updates and be able to comment on posts. Oh, and I can’t forget about Pinterest! Check out my Pinterest boards to see what is inspiring me lately. I’d love to connect with you as well… comment with your info and I’ll be sure to follow you back!
Favorite Moments Over these Three Years
- My sister’s wedding & cake plate tutorial on Eat Drink Pretty— love that blog and was THRILLED to be included!
- My cherry blossom Japanese-inspired wedding shoot featured on Hostess with the Mostess.
- Modern & Chic New Years Eve Party featured on Pizzazzerie. A collaboration between Portland Bloggers and such a fun photo shoot!
- Finishing and Sharing my Blog Planner Printables
- Had the opportunity to speak to local business ladies about blogging for The CRAVE Company. Such an honor!
- Working with the Portland Bloggers group. This has been so rewarding and such fun!
Some Exciting News
- I just became a full-fledge member of the BlogHer community. You might notice some of the ads here on this site. I never want my site to be annoying with ads. But, I also know that if I start making a little money on this site then I can take more time to produce original and interesting content. I like BlogHer because they tend to have links to products and stories that I feel are a good fit for my readers. The BlogHer TV ad on the left often has great food tips and recipes!
- I’ll be joining some Portland Food Bloggers over the weekend at a Bake Sale for Share our Strength, No Kid Hungry. If you are in the Portland area then stop on by to see me, get goodies from some of your favorite Portland food bloggers, and support a good cause. We’ll be at the Oregon Historical Society’s Outdoor Plaza from 10 a.m. until it is all sold out. More info over at Not Just Baked.
- I am going to be joining some awesome Portland area bloggers at Portland Fashion Week this year as a member of PFW Style Collective. I cannot wait! More about this to come later.
Lately, due to sickness, I have been less than productive. However, I am usually pretty productive.
I like to get things done and I like to do a lot of things. My freelance work has also had me juggling a variety of different responsibilities. Being a mom is busy. In general… I have a permanent to do list that will never, ever be finished because I keep adding items to it!
I am always utilizing a variety of tools to help keep me organized and on track. Hopefully some of these items will be as useful to you as they are to me.
|Party Printable Photo used with permission from Strawberry Mommycakes|
Boy, oh boy… do I have some fun stuff to share today! I’ve been saving a list of party related finds that I’ve been wanting to share for quite some time now. I’m happy that I finally have time to go through my pins and BlogLovin’ likes to share a few of my favorites with you. Some links to LOVE this week:
- Strawberry Mommycakes’ Free Printable Party Planner… (say that five times fast!) I love the colors of this printable. I love the layout. I love the fact that there are spaces for EVERYTHING you need to plan a party! Oh, and, I love that it is free!
- The menus from this Ojai wedding featured on Martha Stewart Weddings are to die for! I’d actually want to keep the menu as a work of art for my home. The paintings and script are gorgeous. After clicking through a link or two I discovered that ALL of the paper goods for this wedding are amazing. Julie Song Ink does some amazing work.
- I love wearing fake eyelashes at special events. It just makes me feel all dressed up and ready to go… this Wedding Chicks tutorial on how to put on fake eyelashes are great.
- This week I met Scotch’s Most Gifted Wrapper who won a $10,000 prize for some amazing wrapping skills. Oh, and she is also a paper-crafting blogger who does a lot of work with paper flowers— check out her blog!
- Just in case you’re planning a Cinco De Mayo party this year… this Mexican-themed birthday party is full of beautiful inspiration.
This is a sponsored post through BlogHerTV and Olay. All opinions are my own.
I’m growing my hair out (again) and am always looking for new ways to style the awkward mop that resides on my head. It is currently several different lengths. It is too short to fit in a pony tail, but it is too long to wear down without some work. So, when BlogHerTV sent me a few videos on how to style hair for a promotion with Olay…. I just had to say yes! (Check out my first post for the promotion) I hope the videos help you out as much as they did me.
I’m in a weird head space at the moment. There has been so much happening lately that I’m feeling slightly overwhelmed. My blog work is the first thing to go on the back burner when life/work gets crazy. I have several great posts (at least I think so) in the works. But, today is another day that they will sit on the shelf. Here are some thoughts and random tid-bits about life lately:
- I’m still in a sort of shock over the Boston Marathon bombings. My thoughts about the whole thing are not even close to coherent. My heart goes out to the people that were there and to their families. The anniversary for the Oklahoma City bombings is coming up in a couple of days, so that too is on my mind. This open letter to Boston from Oklahoma says a lot of what I wish I could say.
- I’m sick. Again. Having a kid is like owning my own personal cesspool. My kiddo caught a cold last weekend and promptly handed it over to me. Kiddo is sick. I’m sick. So much fun.
- I’m really, really excited about going to the PNW blogger meet-up! It will be my first evening away from my son though, so I am a little nervous as well. Lindsay, Megan, Sarah and myself will be road-tripping up to Seattle for the event.
- I’m visiting West Elm this evening for a preview of their new line. I’m super excited. I went last year and posted about it. I’m not sort of obsessed with their products. Can’t wait to see what they’ve thought up for this year’s summer line!
Disclaimer: The outfit in this blog post was a free-of-charge loan from Bettie Page Clothing in Portland, OR. I got to try on outfits and check one out for this event. I did not get to keep the outfit. No promises of a post were given and all opinions are my own.
Six Tips for Picking a Party Outfit:
Finding the perfect party outfit is as big of a deal to me as crafting the perfect party. Maybe it was just a weird thing that was instilled in me at a young age… but, special events got special consideration for outfits. Growing up I got a new outfit for every Easter, birthday, Christmas and first day of school. When I was older and dating my husband, I would wear a new or newly styled outfit at every date we had. I don’t think he saw me wear the same outfit twice until we had been dating for a year. Now, I believe you NEED to buy a new outfit for each and every special event. It just isn’t practical. However, I do whole-heartily believe in putting a little extra thought into special-occasion wear. The below tips are what I think about when considering a party dress or outfit:
When I make a pie, I focus a LOT on the crust of the pie. To me, the perfect pie crust is rich, flaky, buttery, and has a taste of saltiness. I’ve been “perfecting” my pie crust recipe for about a year now. I go into stages where I really want to get something done to my liking so I make them OVER and OVER again. This past year has been the year of pie crust in my home (maybe part of the reason for my expanding waist line…)
Disclaimer: This post is not a sponsored post. However, I was invited to a compensated focus group at Favery (without expectations for posting). I was also invited to a free brunch at Imperial by the PR company Little Green Pickle. No promises of posting or positive reviews were given. No other compensation was provided. All opinions are my own.
Okay, so really….. all of the following things that I’m including in my weekend update really happened during the week. I spent Friday through Sunday working on my computer, so I didn’t take a single photo! But, my week was jam packed and super awesome.
|Lindsay from Hey Normal Day shared about her family’s Easter weekend|
I loved both of the entries in this week’s Linky party. (Although, come on readers… we can do better than two entries!) However, I just had to share about Lindsay’s Easter weekend. It was filled with great family time and enjoying last week’s amazing weather here in Portland.
|Chocolate anyone? Photo from Hey Normal Day|
About Hey Normal Day:
Lindsay’s blog is a journal of her everyday life as a stay-at-home mom and wife for her friends and family. She just made the move from Oklahoma to Oregon (something we have in common) and shares her experiences through the blog.
Some of my favorite posts from Hey Normal Day:
- Discovering Oregon: Multnomah Falls : A post about her trip to Multnomah Falls in Oregon… one of my favorite places to visit!
- Dear Amelia: Letter to my Two Year Old : Such a sweet memory for her daughter to read through someday. And, super cute photos!
- This Week Via iPhone Week 60: My favorite thing about this post is the little area where she records her daughter’s thoughts on rain. So freakin’ cute.
Disclaimer: This post features companies that donated to the Portland Bloggers meet-up group and items that I received free of charge. All opinions are my own.
Almost a month back we had our latest Portland Bloggers’ meet-up. If you have no idea what I am talking about then check out the Portland Bloggers’ website and hop back on over here! This will be a photo heavy post with some beautiful images from Portland Photographer Macey Snelson of Motormouth Studio. Read on for my review of the event and links to more about the event and Portland Bloggers!
Tomorrow evening I am speaking at The CRAVE Company’s meet-up titled, “In a Relationship with My Blog.” I’m speaking with four other blogging professionals and I am so excited to have been asked to speak!
We’ll be talking all about blogging….from beginning blogging, blogging tips, blogging for business, and building a brand. I spent the evening preparing some of my thoughts about it all and now I am just BUZZING from it all.
Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored post— I purchased or made all items featured in this post. However, the below links are affiliate links.
Way back nearly a month ago I participated in a style challenge with a bunch of other mommas on Instagram. I wanted to share the #7daysofstyle that me and my little guy participated in. I think it made him into a little style-hound though…. now he goes up to the mirror and plays with his hair!
|Happy April Fools! As usual, Google never disappoints!|
I was so very sick this weekend that I did nothing at all except try my best to catch up on the mountain of work I had. BTW… writing while on cold medication is a joke. I felt like I was trying to write with half a brain. I’m pretty sure my editor thought I had half a brain while he was going over my work. Because I was so sick and basically chained to my laptop, I didn’t take a single photo of my weekend.
Today is of course April Fool’s Day. I’m loving seeing everything on Facebook today. The lovely ladies from Prudent Baby literally made me laugh out loud with their “How to Knit a Merkin” post today.
I can’t WAIT to see your photos/ posts/ tweets about this past Easter weekend. Remember, anything that YOU did this past weekend counts. Please share about this little linky party. I really want it to be used as a way to connect and share a little bit of our personal lives with each other. I’m all for new DIY items and parties (obviously) but, I want to get to know YOU and get a glimpse into your awesome lives. Feel free to link up an Instagram photo of something you did this weekend, a post about your weekend, or even a tweet that gives us a weekend glimpse!
Linky Party Suggestions:
- Please add this button to your blog post, or somewhere on your blog, so others can see and share as well!
- Check out the blog post of some of the people in the party and comment! Everyone loves a little comment love.
- By sharing your link in the Linky you are giving me permission to post about the post on my blog, including using photos (with credit).