Last year I was fortunate enough to be a part of a good friend’s wedding celebrations. With the help of her bridesmaids I hosted a movie themed bridal shower for a bride-to-be that LOVES movies.
We had a small budget and made it work as hard as possible for us. We decked out my apartment with a red carpet, a REAL popcorn machine, movie themed games, movie posters, and a movie trailer I created from iMovie.
My favorite part of the decor were the popcorn cupcakes! I bought a popcorn printable online and followed a tutorial to create these adorable little cupcakes. They tasted good… but, they looked AWESOME.
Movie Themed Party DIY Details:
- Popcorn printables for decor on the popcorn bar and around red paper cups.
- I upgraded store bought goodies by sticking in a cupcake topper.
- Dollar store popcorn boxes made great vases for flower arrangements.
- I took my red curtains from another room and created a movie theater feeling with the curtains and a projector. I then played a movie trailer that I created for the bride and groom! (not pictured)
- Simple syrups, soda water, and some fun liquors made for an inexpensive and fun soda bar.
- Framed movie quotes made for a fun decor element and a great game for attendees. (One of the bridesmaids put this together and it ended up being a huge hit!)
- As usual… printables tied the whole look together!
Yesterday I featured a guest post for Working on it Wednesday that was all about brainstorming for a fun movie themed birthday party. Hopefully today’s post help gives you further inspiration if you are planning a party for your next event!