I posted this on Instagram a while back. But, I really like the idea behind it, so I am posting it here with a little more info. The photo was taken by Macey of Motormouth Studio (she did my head shots recently) and then I added the text via an iPhone app.
- I write romance novels. Well, that is part of the truth. I write as a ghost writer for several different companies. I have written several short stories and two novels now that are pretty much right there in the romance category. Personally, if I ever get around to finishing my own novel, I’d write a novel in the fantasy genre. I’ll be participating in Novel November… but, I just got a job ghost writing a novel SO I’ll be working on that one instead of my own. I figure all of this ghost writing is really good practice!
- My hubs and I were set up by two friends while we were in college. That is just the tip of a complicated love story. I wouldn’t change a second of our story though. So thankful to our friends that set us up! (Shout out to Amanda and Loni!)
- Spell check is my second best friend. (My hubs, and editor, is my first best friend.) I actually can catch poor spelling in other people’s writing (even worked as an editor for a newspaper) but, I cannot catch spelling mistakes in my own writing. Some words I refuse to write because they give me so much grief.
- I read really, really fast. I am not bragging… it is just a fact. I’ve always loved reading and I have always read quickly. (I finished Harry Potter 7 in 8 hours.) If I am really into a book, then I can’t put it down. I devour it. Don’t ask me to read aloud though, I stumble over pronunciations of things bad!
- I think about parties ALL THE TIME. In my brain right now I have ideas for at least 4 upcoming parties/events. We just finished our annual Halloween party and I am dreaming about my birthday. Just how it is!
Remember the Halloween Printables I created for all my lovely Facebook fans? Well, I decided to use them in my Halloween party this year as well! I think they really turned out cute in print! Photos were snapped by my good friend Macey from Motormouth Studio while she was off-duty. It is great to have talented friends!
I don’t think I stopped for one moment this weekend. It was all fun, but I’m exhausted today!
1) Friday, during the day, I met with my new friend Chelsey, from The Paper Mama, to check out the new Microsoft Surface. We had a nice little lunch and our kids behaved amazingly as we chatted with the Microsoft person about the new tablet. I also picked up the cutest pair of pants for the kiddo from H&M (style post coming sometime soon, I’m sure!) 2) Friday evening our friends Suzannah (from Adventures in Dressmaking) and her husband Jason picked up the kiddo and brought him out while the hubby and I stayed home to prep for our Halloween party. It was weird being at our home without our son. It was also really nice to get something done! 3 &4) Saturday was all about our Halloween Party. Check out A Well Crafted Party this week to see real party posts about the event! 5 &6) Sunday I had the awesome opportunity to craft some of the items for Anthropologie’s holiday window displays! I also was lucky enough to meet up with Macey (Motormouth Studio), Abby (Cheers), and Sam (Sam Rosen).