I love the idea behind the “Nice to Meet You” linky party that Adventures in Dressmaking and several other awesome blogs are hosting. This linky party’s theme is “Favorite Things You’ve Made” and I thought it super appropriate for a DIY party blog. So, I’m listing the six favorite things I’ve made— Party Edition.
I’d love to know YOUR six favorite things that you have made. So, if you’d like to link up then head on over and link up your favorite things (you can even link up a Pinterest board!) -OR- just tell me about them in the comments section.
Favorite Things I’ve Made—Party Edition
1. Party Dress
— I am not the best seamstress…. but, I have always loved the idea of designing clothes. So, one of my all time favorites is the party dress I designed, made out of material I used at one of my other parties, and then wore on my birthday and for my maternity photos.
2. Newspaper Program—Maybe it is because it was from my wedding. Maybe it is because it was a newspaper. The program had mistakes, it wasn’t perfect. But, it was my favorite detail of our wedding (other than the groom) and I am sure glad I made it!
3. My sister’s wedding. This is a broad one here… but, I’m seriously so proud of every little detail that came to life for her wedding. I did a lot of little handmade details. Her invitations, the ribbon backdrop, the flowers… all favorites of mine!
4. The Mad Tea Party Decor— The Alice in Wonderland Halloween party was over-the-top and nothing like a traditional Halloween party. It was such a blast creating this space and it was so beautiful I didn’t want to take it down for weeks. As a matter of fact one of the party elements stayed up in our home until we moved this past month… that is a couple of years!
5. My Fancy Pants Birthday Party— I had a lot of fun creating the Fancy Pants birthday party with tongue in cheek printables, handmade hats, lots of glitter, and all homemade gourmet food. (And, while the photos are not fabulous… I’m really proud of all the DIY posts that came out of this party.)
6. The Cherry Blossoms Wedding photo shoot that I styled and helped put together. I am over the moon that it was featured on Hostess with the Mostess.
Now, what have you made that you are super proud of? I’d love to hear about it/see it!