My husband and I met after we were set up on a blind date by mutual friends. He was three weeks from graduating college and I still had two full years to go. A year and a half later and we were engaged to be married. I had never really even thought about marriage before meeting him. After I met him I felt like my whole world flipped on its head and was finally going in the right direction. June 6, 2006 I married my best friend. To this day I am still excited to share my day with him, to listen to his day, and to dream about our future together.
My favorite memories of the past six years:
Our First Year of Marriage:
1. Our wedding & honeymoon
Our Second Year of Marriage:
1. Our move to Oregon— we hopped into our Uhaul and hit the road.
It was a long, hard trip. But, such a good decision for us both.
2. My hubby (after two months without a job) got a job at a bookstore where we met some of our greatest friends.
Our Third Year of Marriage:
1.Visited the Oregon coast for the first time. It was my very first trip to see the Pacific Ocean!
2. My family came to visit Oregon for the first time. I was able to show them all around town.
3. We threw our very first Halloween party (A Haunted Halloween Dinner Party) and it became a yearly tradition for us to host the Halloween party.
Our Fourth Year of Marriage:
1.Went camping with friends at Crater Lake.
Seriously… Oregon is the most beautiful state I’ve ever seen.
2. Traveled to Colorado to see my brother get married.
3. My husband found a job that he really loves and is fantastic at.
4. I started my blog, A Well Crafted Party.
Our Fifth Year of Marriage:
1. Got to see my lil’ sister get married.
2. Really got started with A Well Crafted Party having parties featured all over the internet.
3. Hubby and I found out we were pregnant!!
4. We bought our first car together.
5. Went on an anniversary weekend touring Portland as if we were tourists.
Our Sixth Year of Marriage:
1. We became a family of three.
2. I was able to introduce my son to his paternal great-grandparents. This was very important to me because I grew up with them and wanted so very much for them to meet my children. This was a first time flying on a plane with a little one as well.
3. The wonderful long visit of my in-laws over the holidays. X was lucky to get to spend his first Christmas with family and I was fortunate to have the extra help over that stressful time.
5. The Portland Blogger Meet-Ups began and I was fortunate enough to get to work with wonderful bloggers and make some great new friends.
6. My son… this year so far has been filled with so much love and learning for both me, my husband, and our son. It has seriously been the best thing to happen in my life so far and everything else pales in comparison.
Today is my sixth anniversary with my husband.
To my love,
Thank you for supporting me and for challenging me.
Thank you for laughing with me and continually making me laugh.
Thank you for giving me our son.
Thank you for being a wonderful friend, husband, and father.
I love you always,
Thanks to all my readers for letting me share so much of my life with you.
What has been your favorite memory of your marriage (or relationship) so far?