|This one was taken after he got changed into his pjs for the evening and dad was playing him some songs|
The June meet-up is going to be a nice, casual family picnic for all the area bloggers and their families. I’m super excited about seeing all of the families together and meeting some bloggers in real life. I’m now dreaming up ideas for my family’s picnic food and yummy treats.
|Like the Picnic Invite? Create your own with Eat Drink Chic’s free printable invite & The pretty velvet flower and leaves are from puglypixel.com|
I love finding new restaurants to try in the Portland area. I had never heard of Nuvrei until the Portland Blogger’s Meetup where we received a small gift card in our swag bags along with two macaroons. I love macaroons, almost as much as I love cupcakes. I love the bright colors and the great different flavors. But, let me tell ya, Nuvrei’s macaroons were the best I’ve had so far.
So, with an appetite whet for macaroons and a gift card burning a hole in my pocket I decided to visit the little shop located in the Pearl district of Portland. The bakery isn’t very large, but it is full of charm. The bright yellow chairs created an inviting dining area right outside of the cafe’s windows.
I brought my son in his stroller and it was very difficult to get around with him and the stroller. I couldn’t find an entrance that didn’t have stairs (although, I might have missed it). I also didn’t find the area very kiddo-friendly (no high chairs). But, the staff were so sweet to me and my wiggly little guy. And, my plan was to get my food to go anyways so it didn’t matter too much.
I brought two sandwiches, a cookie, and a macaroon to share with my hubby on his lunch break. I brought my adorable little white bag with a bright pink sticker out at the park and dug in. It was delicious! And, the hubby loved it so much he went back twice since then without me.
If you know him please tell him to at least bring me home a macaroon!
** Full Disclosure— Nuvrei helped sponsor the Portland Blogger’s event by donating items for the swag bags. In the swag bag I received macaroons and a gift card. While macaroons are a way to this girl’s heart they are not a way to get a review. I decided to review my trip to Nuvrei because I liked the restaurant and wanted to share it with you. All opinions are my own. I was not compensated for this post.
|Printable Wine Tags from How About Orange|
- I’m not a huge fan of germs or doing a lot of dishes, which means I am a huge fan of wine glass tags. These free printable wine glass tags from How About Orange even have the added bonus of a cool wood grain and directions to make the tags reusable.
- Party paper goods can end up eating a huge portion of the budget, but they can add so much pizazz to any event. Wedding Chicks have an amazing array of free printable party goodies that can really set your event (wedding, birthday, shower) apart for a fraction of the price that you would spend in the store. I really want an excuse to use the Man Men Inspired Save the Date cards that read “Madly in Love.”
- Hey, and while I am talking about printables…. Chickabug has just come up with a fantastic idea of customizable water bottle labels with your choice of colors, fonts, and patterns. Thank goodness that not all parties have to be themed in order to find good printables out there. The labels are super affordable and can be customized for nearly any event.
- Nicole, of Tradewind Tiaras, has created a party website to post all her amazing real party photos and tutorials, Tikkido.com. Oh, and she is also starting an online magazine with Frog Prince Paperie called Festivities. Busy and super talented lady! Good luck and Congrats Nicole!
- I’ve tried making coffee filter flowers about a thousand times and haven’t really liked them…. but, this video tutorial (and amazing dye job) from Two Shades of Pink makes me want to try again.
- The Busy Budgeting Mama is now selling customized look books to help you plan your next party. I was super excited to see my cake stand tutorial linked in the look book she posted as an example!
- And, to leave you with a little inspiration… Summer is right around the corner and for me that means it is time for Picnics! Lauren, from The Little Things We Do, recently posted some real party inspiration for a picnic in the woods. Beautiful photos from Coeur de La Photography and event styling by Lauren!
|The Little Things We Do‘s Magical Picnic in the Woods Photo by Coeur de La Photography|
But, today I have a very sick baby to go cuddle. So, my posts are taking a back-seat today.
I hope your week is starting off wonderfully!
This weekend the hubby went on a business trip & the baby got a cold. He has been miserable with a moderate to high fever and lots of coughing. It just so happen to come right after his 9 month doctor visit. The doc said he looked great, he is developing wonderfully, and is a healthy, happy baby. Two days later and he is sick, sick, sick. Wishing there were doctors that came to my home instead…kiddo gets a cold after nearly every visit to the doctor’s office!
He has been extra cuddly lately though… And, it is good for a momma’s heart when she can comfort her sick kiddo.
I hope to be blogging back in full force starting tomorrow. If you want to read more from me check out my guest post over at A Fabulous Fete.
UPDATE 5/22: We brought the kiddo to the doctor today and he is a very sick boy. He had to have a breathing treatment in the office… so sad. He is being put on antibiotics and an inhaler. I hope so much that he gets better soon!