Now, a good party can’t just have good drinks and snacks. It also has to have some amazing desserts (in my opinion). And, a birthday especially has to have some amazing desserts.
I really wanted to try the balsamic pears with marscapone recipe that I saw on a food video once. I couldn’t figure out where I saw it so I googled many recipes and came up with one on my own.
Balsamic Pears with Marscapone
(Makes 4 desserts)
Marscapone Cheese- 1 16 oz container
1/2 cup honey
1/2 Cup Sugar
Ground Black Pepper
1 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
1. In a bowl mix the Marscapone with the half cup of honey and 1/4 cup sugar. Mix with a hand mixer or a stand mixer.
2. Mix the other 1/4 cup sugar and fresh ground pepper (probably 5 twists of grinder or half a teaspoon of pepper) with the cup of balsamic vinegar.
3. Marinate the sliced pears in the vinegar for 30 minutes to an hour in the fridge.
4. Place sliced pears in individual bowls or cups. Place a large dollop of the sweetened marscapone cheese in each bowl. Drizzle the balsamic vinegar on top.
This dessert was tasty…but, certainly a different style of dessert that I’ve ever done before!
I was intentionally vague when I created the print out with the menu. I had no idea what kind of cake I was going to make for the event. I ended up going with a simple chocolate cake with an Irish cream frosting. It was quite yummy, if I do say so myself.
Irish Cream Frosting
1 lb butter- room temp
1/2 cup of crisco (I know, sounds gross…but, it makes for a beautiful frosting)
5 cups of powdered sugar (give or take)
1 Tablespoon vanilla
1/2 cup of Irish Cream (I used Baileys)
Salt (to taste)
1. Whip the room temperature butter with the half cup of crisco. Whip until soft and fluffy.
2. Slowly add in the powdered sugar.
3. As you mix in the sugar go ahead and mix in the Irish Cream and Vanilla. Add more sugar if needed for consistency.
4. Once all is mixed together add salt to taste. I can’t stand a too sweet icing.
Check out the other recipes from the party:
Crostini Appetizers Pt. 1
Crostini Appetizers Pt. 2
And, check back tomorrow for some tasty signature drink recipes!