I wanted to share a few things I’ve discovered today that made me laugh and want to share.
1. Google Reader lets your sort your feeds by newest, oldest, or by MAGIC. Yep, I choose magic.
2. The smartest most amazing kid (besides my own, of course) lives with the blogger at Sweetney. Freakin’ awesome is all I can say. The kid sure is acute. 😉
3. I will be writing a letter soon with the greeting, “Dear Self.” I agree that many of us (a lot of moms I know for sure) need a lesson in talking kindly to ourselves.
4. I often think on how much originality is really out there any more, how much of my “inspired by others” projects should I post on-line, and the best ways to give credit where credit is due. Ashley Ann starts a great discussion on these topics.
|Our first painting job as husband and wife… crazy.|
|Painting the baby’s room|
|B put together X’s crib (with very little help)|
Sources and Tutorials will be linked at the bottom.
|hand-made bed skirt and crib sheet|
|hand-made pillows and paintings with a hat wall|
|Hat wall, paper chains (left over from a party), and hand-made mobile|
|Painting from a friend, Etsy made robot, Ikea spice racks as bookshelves|
And, the nursery in use:
Crib: Graco Lauren Style Convertible Crib from Walmart
Bedding: Made using this Prudent Baby tutorial and my own ingenuity for the crib skirt
Mobile: Made from a Martha Stewart Modern Baby Shower Story
Dresser: Malm from Ikea
Changing Table Cover: Land of Nod
Book Shelves: Beckvam Spice Rack from Ikea (painted white)
Stuffed Robot: Gift that came from the Snow Machine Etsy Store
Orange Diaper Buckets: From Target in their $ Section
Robot Paintings: Solid Colored ones painted by me, The cute robot and gears by my friend Alicia
Couch: Convertible Couch from Ikea —Style no longer carried
Lamps: Target—found near the college dorm decorating time
I do sell paintings similar to the ones pictured and do take special orders for other images.
If you are interested in one of my paintings, please just e-mail me!
Well, he and my hubby are pretty much IT for me. I have hobbies and passions…but, this year I discovered so much more love and an unreal amount of care for someone(s) other than myself.
So much that I want to write about them and my experiences as a new mom. I want to share with other moms, soon-to-be moms, and everyone else out there what my experience is like. But, if something I wrote ever put them in danger, embarrassed them, or came back to hurt them in some way I would never forgive myself.
As a blog reader, I really enjoy reading about people’s kids and the experiences of blogging moms. I love seeing kiddo photos. I really enjoy birth stories and stories about people’s weekends out and about their towns.
But, how safe is it for blogging moms to post about their kids? Which is what I’d like your opinion on. What do you think is safe and unsafe? What is the line? Should I leave out his photos? Leave out names, birth dates, whereabouts?
I’d love to hear your opinion on this topic. Blogging moms- where do you draw the line? How did you decide? Have you even thought about this?
– Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone