—lyrics from Andy Williams song “It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year”
This song very much describes how I feel about the holidays as December begins.
Every weekend of December for me is always packed with parties and fun things to do.
This year is no different…and this weekend was packed full of fun.
What I did this weekend:
1. Helped a friend move
Isn’t it funny how when helping a friend move it can turn into a little party in itself? Sure, there is the heavy lifting and such not so fun things. But, you meet fun people you’ve never met before, enjoy drinks and food, and get to explore a new place.
2. Crafted up a storm for an upcoming party (or three)
My hot glue gun has never been busier— I created paper roses and Christmas trees. I designed paper goods. I crafted couture-style hats and cut out bow-tie fabric. I wrapped many drinks in paper to make them look pretty. I arranged flowers into pretty centerpieces. Ahhh… I love the holidays.
3. I got my first Christmas cards of the season.
My sister and mother are totally on top of the holidays this year.
4. We bought a Christmas tree—decorating to commence sometime this next week.
5. I got my first birthday gift of the season!
(Thank you Jill for an amazing gift!)
6. I co-hosted a fun Portland Blogger’s Lunch/Holiday party.
(pictures above from that event)
I will be posting a feature on the event once I get photos together.
7. I sang a lot of Christmas songs to my son. I’m terrible at remember the words to songs. Lullabies and I are not friends. But, I know me some Christmas music (I guess all those years working in retail did pay off) and have been singing non-stop to my little guy. He loves him some carols!
So, this weekend started the holiday rush… and, it isn’t stopping for us anytime soon.
Today I am shooting Christmas photos of an adorable little guy.
I have a party to attend this week and a party that I’m hosting.
Oh, and the normal work, blog, being a mommy schedule.