1. The holiday season is my favorite time of year. I love warm layers, hot drinks and all my cool friends. haha. No, but really, I love spending time with family and friends. I love all the extra excuses to throw/attend great parties.
2. Snow makes me cringe. I’m really glad that it doesn’t snow too much here in Portland. But, then again, if it did I might not dislike it so much. The whole city shuts down when it snows here. It is unreal and very unfun .
3. The best comfort food to eat when it’s cold out is cookies! Actually, I’m pretty much for all baked goods when it is cold out. .
4. Winter is the best time for wearing things that sparkle .
5. I can hardly wait for my birthday, Xander’s first Christmas, ringing in 2012 .
6. When it comes to holiday gifts I prefer to make them. I really love the idea of DIY gift-giving. I love finding and buying gifts (and I do that as well most the time) but, I really like giving at least one handmade item with each gift. Even if it is just a DIY gift tag.
7. If I were to rate my excitement about the holiday season on a scale from 1-10, I would say I am at about a 7. I’m so very excited for so many things, but also quite overwhelmed. I almost feel that my excitement is causing my expectations to be too high. I need to remember that my little man won’t care near as much as me if his first Christmas was snazzy.