Happy Friday! It is almost time for another weekend. As I am now starting back to work a couple nights a week and weekends the whole Friday thing doesn’t have quite the same ring to it. Although, maybe now it will be “Whoohoo! It is Friday…time to make some MONEY!” But, probably not.
|Relax… it is the weekend!
I really try to have a few new finds for you to peruse throughout the weekend. Mainly because I love blogs that do this and find so many cool things from my favorite blogs link posts. But, also because throughout the week I read hundreds of blog posts and/or articles and I typically come across something I think is SO cool I just have to share it. Well, here are some of those things!
- This week the blog owner of IgoYOUgo left a comment on one of my posts and I am so glad she did! I discover SO many new blogs this way…don’t you? Anyways, IgoYougo is a lifestyle blog that posts fun items throughout the week that include party stuff, pop-culture, exercise tips, recipes and more. I love the big bold colors and clean layout of the site.
But, more than that, I love the IDEA behind the name.
- I love inspiration boards and I especially love the ones by Creature Comforts that really bring together color. The blues and browns of THIS BOARD make me super excited about a Fall birthday dinner party I’m throwing soon.
- I love Pinterest. (If you haven’t been able to tell already!) So, House of Hepworth’s conversation about Pinterest was very interesting to me. Pinterest makes it super easy to link things back to their original source… but, there are some problems with that at times and some people aren’t linking things back correctly. I think some people don’t know how and I think repinning things can cause some problems. Of course some of my work has been featured on other websites (whether with my permission or not) and then is pinned without linking things back directly to me. I haven’t cared so much now (this is just a hobby at the moment)… but, if I was trying to make a livelihood off of this I might feel different. How do you feel about Pinterest and what ways do you think people could be better informed about linking correctly?
- Oh my goodness… while reading one of my favorite blogs, I Heart Organizing, I came across a fabulous guest post about keeping your child’s artwork. Jen from A Thousand Words has done the MOST AMAZING things with the artwork of her two boys. You’ll just have to check out the post and her site to learn more about this… but, a big hint: the duvet cover above was A) hand made and B) is covered in her son’s sketches and C) has a tutorial!!!
- I loved the Pretty Parties Series over at C.R.A.F.T—So much inspiration! Check out their Grand Finale where they list all the goodies including tutorials and freebies!
I hope you all have a wonderful Friday and weekend.
Let me know if you liked any of these finds!