Months of planning came to a head yesterday afternoon in 101 degree weather. It was hot and windy which threw a wrench in many of my plans… but, it was also beautiful and fun. My sister looked radiant and some of the smallest details made me so very happy.
Pictures will come soon. But, for now a little sneak peek.
I don’t know what to say except: sorry! I have been spending most of my time planning events rather than writing about them. It does mean that I am hoping to have a handful of real parties to post about later this month.
But, I thought that I would take a little time out and give you a look into the parties I am currently working on.
Party #1: Brian’s Birthday: Brought to you by the Letter “B”
We are doing a lot of parties with my sister’s wedding coming up so we were looking for a fun, yet simple idea for my husband’s 28th birthday. We were sitting down working on a different party when I decided to make a list for his party.
“What things do you like?” I asked.
He said, “hmmm… beer.”
To which I replied, “Yes, but what else.”
“Bocce Ball. Books.”
I laughed, “Sounds like you birthday is brought to you by the letter ‘B’.”
So, then we decided on bringing a little Sesame Street into the mix.
We aren’t going to go as crazy as I want to for this party because we are headed for my sister’s wedding just a few days after his birthday.
Some of my brainstorming for a simple, adult Sesame Street party:
- Black and Blue are basically the color scheme (which means I get to pull out my fun black and white plates and platters!)
- My husband loves Grover so he blessed the invitations with a smile… I’m thinking that at the party Grover, Oscar and Cookie Monster will definitely be in attendance.
- I’m hoping to get a big banner finished that says, “B is for Brian, but C is for Cooooookie!!!!”
- A cookie bar
- All of the foods will basically begin with B– Burgers and Buns, BBQ, Bratwurst (you get the idea)
- And, if the weather is good we will play a rousing game of Bocce Ball
Keep tuned in for more about the Brought to You By the Letter “B” Birthday Bash.