Birthdays, Anniversaries, Baby Showers, Wedding Showers, Engagement Parties, Graduation, Bachelor Parties, Bachelorette Parties, Retirement Parties, New Job, Independence Day, Christmas, Halloween, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, New Year’s Eve, Chinese New Year, Spring, Summer, Winter, Fall, Thanksgiving, Easter, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Grandparent’s Day, Super Bowl, Playoffs, Valentine’s Day, Mardi Gras, St. Patrick’s Day, Arbor Day, Earth Day, Cinco De Mayo, May Day, Women’s Equality Day, Dr. Suess’s Birthday, Oscars, Movie Openings…
The list goes on and on. Who needs an excuse—make one up. Or, how about I share one of my excuses with you?
Party Excuse: Personal Shower for a laid-back bride-to-be who LOVES Ice Cream.
My original inspiration came from iDIY’s Ice Cream Drumstick tutorial and free printables. (Go check it out. I’ll wait for you to return before posting the next board– Promise!)
Let me give due where due is needed for these inspiring images:
1) I must have these waffle cone sundae glasses by Maxwell and Williams. I plan on filling them with pastel colored unmentionables and topping them with a cherry colored thong!
2) A sweet treat from iDIY. This do-it-yourself Sundae Buffet is out-of-this-world adorable.
3) Another goody from iDIY (Can you tell I like this blog?): Make your own Ice Cream Drumsticks!
4) Can’t have ice cream without the cake; these Sundae Cupcakes give you the best of both worlds! These cupcakes are via The Fat Fairy from flickr.
5) Can’t have a party without favors; these plastic ice cream dishes will be great to fill with goodies for the girls.
6) My Love and Ice Cream Personal Shower is also going to be a relaxing spa party with manicures and pedicures. What better way to tie the themes together than with ice cream cone nail polishes from LoveMeXLeaveMe’s Etsy shop?
7) More Etsy Goodies: Pink Dotted Owl’s Neapolitan Ice Cream Soap would be good for the party and for favors.
*Need help with a party? Looking for some ideas or inspiration for one of your party excuses? Leave a comment or e-mail me with your question and it could be one of the upcoming posts for “Reader’s Questions: Planning Pow-wow”.